[python-win32] PythonCOM & Windows Firewall

Metz, Bobby W, WWCS bwmetz at att.com
Thu May 18 02:14:11 CEST 2006

Anyone out there ever attempted to use win32com to register applications with Windows Firewall as allowed applications for incoming TCP/UDP connections?  Was going to try my hand at this and wondered, if so, that anyone who had already might share some tips.  I'm working this so that a non-standard net app we use can get through the XP SP2 firewall without hands on admin assistance.  In case no one has tried but are interested, here's the MSDN article I'm going to be working from.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/productinfo/XPSP2/networkprotection/firewall_devimp.aspx

Regards,

Bobby