[python-win32] block any kind of popup's

Lisan arvidw at gmx.de
Mon Mar 6 10:35:08 CET 2006

Hi,

  i want to write an office2pdf converter, that will scan a directory for
incoming documents.
Because I am a Linux only user python was a natural choice for the
implementation language. Unfortunately I need to control the office tools to
send a document to a virtual pdf/tiff printer (freepdf e.g.). My problem is,
that a lot of documents are password protected and the converting process
will bring up a dialog on the screen and waits for an input.

This can be handled by using the haspassword function, at least i think so.

But i see a general problem in popups, i dont want to login to the
converting host each day to check wether there is a popup or not.

I want to block popups, hence to converter will never stop and if it is
possible i want to get the contents of the blocked popups (messageboxes
etc.)

Is there a sollution of this problem ?