[python-win32] SafeTerminateProcess and request forCreateRemoteThread()

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Jun 23 02:35:10 CEST 2006

> - The first is the request to include CreateRemoteThread in win32api
> (which I will post on sourceforge)

Done.

> - Does anyone know a similarly safe way for terminating a process so
> that a SIGINT/SIGTERM handler will still be called (without
> the need for
> a shared console or process group ids)?

Nope, and I've tried in the past.  If CreateRemoteThread could call GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent in the target process, I expect that would help - assuming the default handler that kills the process was still setup.  I haven't tried, but its not clear to me that calling a function with 2 args will work, nor is it clear how to work around this - but sadly I'm out of experimentation time today...