[python-win32] win32com.client - How to raise an exceptionafter timeout

Roger Upole rwupole at msn.com
Sun Jan 15 17:21:23 CET 2006

The question is probably better addressed to whoever
develops the COM application you're calling.  There's
probably no real general solution.

If the application doesn't have any built-in abort
mechanism or asynch processing, it may not
be safe to just kill it.  You could wind up with a
reference to a corrupted object in your
main thread, causing crashes (or worse).

        Roger