[python-win32] Python-win32 Digest, Vol 45, Issue 13

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 18:55:24 CET 2006

>>wonderful Python-ish API on how to access for example Outlook Express
You can go to the Microsoft MSDN site and look for the VBA reference for
Outlook Express.
In particular, search for the Outlook Express Object Hierarchy
chart/reference.
Without knowing this, the API's are pretty hard to use, unless you've done
it before.

You can also search on websites which have support for Visual Basic 6.
There are a tremendous amount of programs written to interact with the
Office applications from Visual Basic.

I once wrote a Python script to pull names out of an Outlook distribution
list. I started by finding out how Visual Basic called Outlook, and
translated that to Python. VIsual Basic resources can be a bighelp.

Good luck!