[python-win32] BSTR

Reiner M. Stoss rstoss at hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Apr 15 00:19:12 CEST 2006

Tim,

yes, I had tried all these weird ideas already ;-)
Same exception error. As I just wrote in my first
reply, the problem seems that the variant argument
that should contain the path+filename is a VT_ERROR,
whatever that means.

I don't have too much experience so far with PythonWin.
I just used it for client-side scripting with late-binding
and so far everything worked, until I started to script
MaxIm DL and this is the first case where I see that calls
to some methods do fail. So I am really worried because
I need to script this Software from Python.

I hope we can solve this issue because I would hate
to use something as vbscript to do the job.

Cheers,
Reiner
P.S.: Gabriel, yes, I have put Sleep(1) now, even though it
worked without the parenthesis too, even thought it shouldn't,
right?