[python-win32] Re: How to get McMillan Installer accept win32gui?

Pierre Rouleau Pierre_Rouleau at ImpathNetworks.com
Tue Mar 29 16:32:53 CEST 2005

Niki Spahiev wrote:
> Pierre Rouleau wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I have been using the McMillan Installer for some time even though
>> Gordon McMillan site is no longer up.  I am using version 5b5.
>>
>> It has been working fine up until I updated a module to import win32gui.
>> The Python scripts works fine but the executable created by the
>> McMillan Installer fails importing win32gui.
>

> Try importing pywintypes before win32gui

Thanks for the info, unfortunately it did not work.  This is what I get
when I run the program built with a console (the built program is called
vsm.exe):

vsm\buildvsm\out1.pyz/fcntl:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is
deprecated; please use fcntl
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 223, in ?
   File "c:\python\Installer\iu.py", line 277, in importHook
     mod = _self_doimport(nm, ctx, fqname)
   File "c:\python\Installer\iu.py", line 362, in doimport
     exec co in mod.__dict__
   File "vsm\buildvsm\out1.pyz/mainframe", line 494, in ?
   File "c:\python\Installer\iu.py", line 299, in importHook
     raise ImportError, "No module named %s" % fqname
ImportError: No module named win32gui

Importing pywintypes befor importing win32gui does not change anything.

Pierre Rouleau