[python-win32] opposite of "import module"

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 22 19:04:28 CET 2005

Olivier RIFF wrote:

> Hello,
>
> what is the opposite of "import module" ?
>
> I have create my own module (implemented in C and generate with SWIG)
> and  I use it under PythonWin. But once I have imported it, I cannot
> compile my module anymore because PythonWin is still using it (moreover,
> I do not find the way to do a restart of the PythonWin shell, which is
> possible with the standard Python GUI) and I do not want to have close
> PythonWin each time I have to change something in the implementation of
> my module.

As I understand it, unlike pure Python modules it is impossible to
reload extension modules.

My main reason for piping up at this point is to encourage someone to
prove me wrong, thereby giving you what you need ;-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/