[python-win32] Python-win32 Digest, Vol 33, Issue 15 question about COM again: variable type?

wccppp wccppp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:54:25 CET 2005

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:50:23 -0800
> From: drkick16 <drkick16 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [python-win32] question about COM again: variable type?
>         (wccppp)
> To: python-win32 at python.org
>
> wccppp,
>
> I too am working on this same issue as we speak.  It is my goal to
> automate
> AutoCAD using Python.  I've had success using C# (.net) for Automation but
> haven't given up with Python yet.  I have done searches here and there on
> various search engines and haven't come up with any complete answers on
> passing 3 doubles as an array of Variants.  This as you see doesn't happen
> automatically as it should and Mark has mentioned that idispatch invoke()
> manually is the way to correctly pass them.  I have yet to master invoke
> and
> all the params.  What I need is a working example of Invoke and its
> parameters.  It seems AutoCAD object model is easy to decifer and the
> passing and retrieval of a Variant(s) in Python are my only stepping
> stones
> to complete a successful automation.  I am continually monitoring this
> mailing list and in my research I will pass on any information that I
> uncover.
>
> Drkick16

Drkick16,

Thanks for your reply.  I agree with you that AutoCAD object model is easy
ot decifer.  Especially if you've used other programming language(s) on it.
I recently bought Mark's book "Python Programming on Win32".  Havn't really
had chance to go through it.  I'll see if there is answer in the book and
post back if I find something useful.

--

Regards,
- wcc