[python-win32] How do I post and reply message at any time?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Dec 10 09:35:46 CET 2005

wccppp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This must be a stupid question.  But I haven't found the answer for
> quite a while.  Here is the problem:
>
> I posted a question today and Laurent Dufréchou's response answered my
> question.  I wanted to reply and say Thank you.  But it seems I have to
> wait till tomorrow when I receive the daily digest.  Is there a way to
> get around this?  I did find a couple of websites which archives this
> list, but they do not give me an option to reply.
>
> Thank you very much,

If you're signed up for digests then the easiest thing to do is just
reply to the list (as it seems you did, by a later post). If posters
have taken the trouble to reply to you personally as well as the list
that's just because they are more courteous than netiquette demands.

One point you might have missed: when you make a posting based on an
entry in a digest it's considered helpful to change the subject line so
it is a bit more meaningful than "List Digest Volume XXX Isuue XXX". The
more meaning ful your subject line the more likely it is to attract the
help you need.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119