[python-win32] Basic win32pdh calls on windows 2003 server

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Oct 21 18:36:50 CEST 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:15:16 -0500, "David Richardson"
<drichardson at aogtech.com> wrote:

>I was looking on the web for an error message that I am having with one
>of my own programs and I see that you may have experienced the same
>thing and have fixed it.  Can you share with me, the details of what
>causes the pdh error -2147481648?

You should print out errors like this in hex.  It's 800007D0, which is
PDH_CSTATUS_NO_MACHINE.   From pdhmsg.h:

// MessageId: PDH_CSTATUS_NO_MACHINE
//
// MessageText:
//
//  Unable to connect to specified machine or machine is off line.
//
#define PDH_CSTATUS_NO_MACHINE           ((DWORD)0x800007D0L)

- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com