[python-win32] Newbie wmi + process running in background + stdio question

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Wed Oct 20 20:05:43 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 20 Oct 2004 16:10, Gaspard, Bradley S wrote:
> I am using TIm Golden's module to launch an application.  This brings up
> a command console where the application then is writting status info to.
> Is it possible to instead have this output write to a file in the
> background?

I'm uncertain how WMI would play with this, but you have any output from a
console program written to file by using redirection. For instance the
following command will write the output of dir to c:\foo.txt:

dir c:\ > c:\foo.txt

On unix there is a distinction between standard output (stdout) and standard
error (stderr) but I don't believe Windows cmd.exe makes this distinction.

Does that help?

Alex