[python-win32] How to get my Python control to show up in Office VBA

Danie Roux droux at tuks.co.za
Sun Oct 10 19:10:37 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I wrote most of my control, and I wrapped a complex type with the wrap.

This works beautifully between a Python server and Python client.

Now, in VBA I do this:

Set obj = CreateObject("MyControl")

This works, but calling a method on this object that returns a complex
type (e.g. Person) fails.

Now, I think my control is not registered correctly, because I can not see
it in Tools->References. I believe once it is registered there, its
typelibs (?) will be available to Excel.

What must/can I do to get my ActiveX control to register itself in the
correct manner?

Help much appreciated!

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix