[python-win32] Memory Leak & Python

Chetan Gadgil cgadgil_list at cxoindia.dnsalias.com
Tue May 18 23:53:48 EDT 2004

Somesh

You could use the WMI APIs either through the COM integration or through
one of the .NET integrations
available for python.

I am assuming that you want to do this on win32. If not, for platforms
such as Solaris/Linux etc. you could either grab the outputs
of tools such as prstat/top or use the corresponding C API calls.

And no, Python does not leave any intentional memory leaks by itself. It
depends on you whether you leak memory or not.

Of course the answer to this question also varies from time to time, as
at any given point in time, Python may
or may not happen to have memory leaks in its implementation. These are
usually fixed in subsequent releases, if detected.

Chetan
--
  ""I think it is safe to say that no one understands quantum
mechanics."