[python-win32] wmi.py + pythonservice.exe

ccollier at viawest.net ccollier at viawest.net
Fri May 7 12:21:39 EDT 2004

Thank you all for the quick input and insights.  Tim, I'll give your
suggestions a shot for routing around the com imports issue when I have a
chance.

In the mean time, I found an interesting work around.  If I rename wmi.py
to anything else and then reference it accordingly, the problem
dissapears.  (ex. pywmi.py, import pywmi)  Due to deadlines, I'll probably
have to come back and learn why this is the case later, but I'm sure it
will provide some good insight and a learning experience regarding python
internal workings.

cody

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Tim Golden wrote:

> > using - win2k, python2.3.3, pywin32 201.1, wmi 0.5 (from Tim Golden)
> >
> > I've successfully implemented some pieces of code using Tim
> > Golden's wmi module and they work well.
>
> Glad to hear it!
>
> >When I take working service code, add an "import wmi" statement, and
> >update the service, I then suddenly get failures when trying
> >to start the service.  The event log holds almost no information.

--snip--