[python-win32] Changing Display Size

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu May 6 04:32:31 EDT 2004

>At 06:49 AM 5/5/2004, Tim Golden wrote:
>>In case no-one's come across this yet:
>>
>>http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/wxPython-users/1684800
>>
>>is a routine to change size / resolution as you go. Seems to
>work fine.
>
>This works...almost. I normally dock my Windows Taskbar on the
>right. When
>I use the above to go to a lower x value (e.g. 1920 to 1600)
>the Taskbar
>goes "out of range", whereas the same change thru Display
>Properties->Settings keeps the taskbar in range. I'm guessing
>there needs
>to be another call to reposition the taskbar.

Bit more tricky. The technique seems to be something like this:

<code>
import win32gui

taskbar_window = win32gui.FindWindow ("Shell_TrayWnd", "")
# Do whatever with Taskbar window, eg MoveWindow, HideWindow, etc.

</code>

Unfortunately, in the 2 minutes I've got available to try this out,
I can get it to move around like it does when you're pulling it.

Let us know if you get something to work this way.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk