[python-win32] copy/paste evaluation interactively

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Mar 29 12:37:59 EST 2004

At 08:00 AM 3/29/2004, Mike wrote:

>How can I copy a  chunk of code (e.g. from my browser) and "paste" it into
>my interpreter so that  all of it is evaluated. Typically (with IDLE), only
>the first line seems to be  evaluated. Pythonwin appears to completely
>ignore multi-line code  fragments.

1) open a script edit window, paste the code there. It might be sufficient
to just run the script, or import it into the immediate window.
2) in PythonWin immediate window after pasting  if there are no compound
statements (if,...), string all the lines together by putting a ; at the
end each and deleting the CR.

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625 home