[python-win32] Having ODBC and Excel problems withPython2.3.4/PyWin 201.1 on Windows Xp

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jun 21 21:12:30 EDT 2004

> > First excel. Using PyWin 201.1, if I write a second
> > range onto a worksheet, I get an access error and
> > Python abends with an uncaught exception.  Moving back
> > to build 200 seems to fix this problem.
>
> Can you please send me an example of this?

This sounds quite similar to the problem I had when upgrading from 200 to
201.  At the time the problem seemed to be resolved by recreating the gen_py
cache, but I did experience the odd problem after that.  I was busy at the
time so just dropped back to 200.

If Stan isn't able to produce something that replicates this, then I'm happy
to go back to 201 and try to find it again (I had a lot of trouble trying to
isolate code that would trigger the problem).

(FWIW, a simple double write of a range works fine here.)

=Tony Meyer

(Excel 2002/XP with WinXP)