Antw: RE: [python-win32] Explorer like right mouse click cont ext menue

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 10:35:18 EDT 2004

| >| I want to enhance my little wxpython-filemanager with
| >| a shell context menu.
| >|
| >| Can anybody please advise, how and/or if it is possible
| >| to add to a given File (Win XP) an explorer file context menue?
|

| Also I didn't find for example following function in pywin, which
| are essential for building the shell context menu:
| IContextMenu2 and IContextMenu3 ,...
|
| Finally I found maybe something useful:
| PyIContextMenu.QueryContextMenu in pywin32.chm
| PyIContextMenu Object
| but how to apply this (I saw no example code)?

It's been pointed out that sample code is in:

c:\python22\lib\site-packages\win32comext\shell\demos

but I'm hoping that someone else will chip in and give
some better explanation.

| In short: I want to have in my app the same context menu, as
| I get, when i right-click a given file in explorer.

My little expertise on this matter has already run
dry, but just to clarify for anyone else who's hopefully
going to provide suggestions, is the following what you
want to do?

Within your file manager (where right-clicks are managed
by you and not by the Shell) you want to mimic the Shell-based
right-click by interrogating the shell context menu for
the given file type and providing the same set of options,
so a .ZIP file, for example, might show various WinZip
options, while another file might show Open or Edit.

Over to the many people who know more than I
do about this topic...

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk