[python-win32] automation error on VB CreateObject

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jul 29 12:03:40 CEST 2004

> does the following trace makes sense to you?

Not really!  I'm afraid that makes no sense at all, unless you have 2
different "modules" with the same name, and that the VB environment is
finding one, while Python is finding another due to different CWD.  However,
that seems unlikely for that sample.

Alternatively, duplicate pythoncom23.dll files could also explain it.
Actually, the more I think about it, the more likely this is it.

Failing that, I would start adding extra print statements in policy.py,
particularly in CreateInstance.

Mark.