[python-win32] GUIDs and Microsoft Property sets in Exchange

Aaron Patrick Lehmann lehmanap at cs.purdue.edu
Sat Jan 17 22:11:49 EST 2004

I'm writing an electronic secretary program for the Computer Science
department here, and I've hit a snag regarding contacts with multiple
e-mails.

Outlook allows a contact to have up to three e-mail addresses, and I'd like
to do likewise with mine.  The best I can come up with is to make three
seperate contacts with same name and diferent e-mail addresses.  This seems
kindof hacky to me.

Googling aound has turned up some hits that suggest that if I were able to
use a different MAPI property set, I'd have access to more e-mail address
space.  However, I can't seem to get the SetNameSpace function, which is
what I think I have to use to get at the alternate property sets, to work.

Has anyone here done the sort of thing I'm talking about?  Any suggestions
about how to go about doing this?

Aaron Lehmann
--
Old hold for new construction.  --Gene Ray www.timecube.com