[python-win32] Mapping Drives and windows folders

Christopher Nilsson can at optiver.com.au
Wed Jan 14 20:49:15 EST 2004

Not sure about (II), but for (I), give this a go:

import  win32wnet

def CloseConnection( name, revoke_permanency=True, force=True ):
    try:
        win32wnet.WNetCancelConnection2(name, revoke_permanency, force)
    except Exception, why:
        print 'Failed to close: %s\n%s' % (name, why)

# Kill the evil network drive...
CloseConnection("X:")

The microsoft doco reckons that WNetCancelConnection2 should remove
"remembered" connections like you're talking about, but I can't test
that part myself at the moment (sorry).

Cheers,
Chris.