[python-win32] Communicating symbols between extension modules

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Mon Jan 12 08:45:08 EST 2004

On 12-jan-04, at 10:43, Niki Spahiev wrote:
>> - make the glue code a true python module, and import/export routine
>> pointers through cobjects.  Should work on any platform, but has the
>> disadvantage that it needs more magic in the C code.
>> Any thoughts?
>
> IMO Numeric has the same problem and solution to it.

Indeed, except that I think it doesn't even use cobjects, but (brrrr)
Python integers to hold addresses. At least, it did last time I
examined the code.

My reason for asking for other solutions is that I don't particularly
like this way of doing things, so I hoped there would be an easier way
to get things to work on Windows. Especially given the fact that I know
that all the modules (and DLLs) involved will live in a single
directory (which isn't true in case of Numeric, where third party
modules will want access to the API).
Goldman