[python-win32] Window Location & Logout

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 07:35:11 EST 2004

>From: Steven Faulconer [mailto:sfaulconer at cfl.rr.com]
>
>When the
>script is run as a login, the same thing happens, but that console
>window is minimized, which is normal for login scripts. My
>desire is to
>have my script force its window to be normal sized (not-minimized).

If you can control the way in which your logon process
launches the py script, then you should be able to
specify non-minimized as a window creation style.

If you don't have that much control,
I can only second Thomas Heller's suggestion earlier that
you use ctypes to obtain the handle of the script's
console window and send it whatever message Win32 uses
to request maximise.
(hint: sometimes, using a shortcut can help here, since
the shortcut can specify the window characteristics)

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk