[python-win32] More details of Python Win degredation

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Feb 27 08:15:12 EST 2004

What I see:

Python Win loads very slowly.

On debugging I get a LoadBarState failed - LoadBarState failed (with win32
exception!).

Returning later and trying to open a file I get:

   File "L:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\mfc\docview.py",
line 91, in CreateNewFrame
     wnd.LoadFrame(self.GetResourceID(), -1, None, context)      # triggers
OnCreateClient...
win32ui: LoadFrame failed
win32ui: CreateNewFrame() virtual handler (<bound method
SyntEditTemplate.CreateNewFrame of
<pywin.framework.editor.color.coloreditor.SyntEditTemplate instance at
0x0109D9B8>>) raised an exception
TypeError: PyCTemplate::CreateNewFrame must return a PyCFrameWnd object.

Going into debug - first the 3 extra debugger windows appear. Starting a
2nd debugging gives:
LoadBarState failed - LoadBarState failed (with win32 exception!) and the 3
windows do not appear.

I am really sad and frustrated, because I have used Python Win for over a
year with great success. I love it. I do not know what I will replace it
with, but as of now it does not work. All my other Windows programs seem to
work fine. (MS Word, FoxPro, etc).

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625 home