[python-win32] A Python Service that monitors the clipboard?

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Sun Dec 12 03:16:47 CET 2004

At 04:28 PM 12/11/2004, VanL wrote:
>I have tried several times after puzzling about the code in "Python
>Programming on Win32," but I have not been able to figure out a simple
>python service that monitors the clipboard.  (My ultimate goal is to have
>a service that is something like ArsClip.  I am trying to do this to learn
>more about Win32).

My guess is that each process has its own clipboard. So the service would
see a different clipboard than an interactive session (unless you are
logged on the console and the service interacts with the cosole). Python
Programming on Win32 discusses clipboard management.

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625 home
720 938 2625 cell