[python-win32] win32traceutil doesn't work in Win32 service when connected via Terminal Service

Felix McAllister felix_mcallister at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 04:39:49 EDT 2003

Hi,

We have a Python service that periodically prints trace information using
print statements. The service uses the win32traceutil module so that print
output can be viewed using win32traceutil.py. This works fine, except for
the case when we connect to the server via Microsoft Terminal Services. In
that case, we don't see any trace output from the service, although the
trace output of other non-service Python apps is fine.

Ideas anyone?

Felix.