[python-win32] Re: .py, .pyw extensions not associated with python, pythonwin, after installing Python2.3/win32all-157

Peter Mott peter at monicol.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 15:14:38 EDT 2003

If you open Explorer->Tools->Folder Options->FileTypes you get the list of
current associations. Scroll down to .PY and then press the Advanced button (not
the Change...) one. This lets you set the options for the association and one of
them is to fix the icon. The icon, though, does not have anything to do with the
action on double clicking/right clicking afaik.

Peter