[python-win32] Re-registering python COM servers

Craig Taverner craig.taverner at comopt.com
Sun May 4 20:00:35 EDT 2003

Hi again,

I'm writing some python COM server code, but have found that I have to
change the actual filename and progID of the code every time I register
it for the client code (VB in this case) to see the changes I make. I've
tried un-registering first before registering, but that does not help.
Is there any way I can edit my python COM server code and have the
changes accessible to the client without having to change the name of
the source file?

Interestingly enough, I do not have to change the GUID each time.

A side question:- what's the best way to generate new GUIDs? Currently I
use the Create GUI tool from Visual Studio.

Thanks, Craig