[python-win32] Python Programming on Win32

Scott Prive scottprive at earthlink.net
Sat May 3 22:10:23 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Lyckå" <magnus at thinkware.se>
To: "Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au>; <python-win32 at python.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 8:45 PM
Subject: [python-win32] Python Programming on Win32

> At 19:50 2003-05-02 -0400, Scott Prive wrote:
> >I suggest Mark's book, Python Programming  on Win32.
>
> BTW, that book is from January 2000, and both Python and
> Windows has evolved a bit since then. (Not to mention
> PDFgen, which has transformed into ReportLab and become
> a business. :^)
>
> Can we expect a second edition of that book, or are there
> any other Python books focused on Win32 in the pipeline?

What a coincidence -- I just asked the same thing!  :-)

I suspect we'll have to wait a bit (as much as I would like to hear that
assumption is wrong).

Python may have changed a bit.. but it all is still valid Python. Heck, I
*still* use 'import string' in regular scripts. Those kind of changes do not
bother me.... 3 years is not too old for a book.

The python-wn32 learning curve seems much, much easier if you come from a
Visual Basic background or another Microsoft language (I don't...). So I
expect this will take time for me, and I'll only scratch the surface but
that's OK. This helps me avoid having to talk to .dll's... :-D