[python-win32] Interface from object

Peter Parente parente at cs.unc.edu
Mon Jul 28 14:59:12 EDT 2003

I'm trying to obtain an IMarkupServices interface from an IHTMLDocument object using MSHTML. I have the document object, which has a corresponding class in the code generated by makepy. The IMarkupServices interface does not have a class in the generated python file, but does have a vtables entry.

Is there a way to access the IMarkupServices interface? I imagine I have to user QueryInterface on the document object, and provide it with the IID of the markup interface. When I try to do just that, I get an error reporting that the object has no method QueryInterface.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter Parente