[python-win32] UNICODE strings

Jens B. Jorgensen jens.jorgensen at tallan.com
Wed Jul 23 10:32:02 EDT 2003

Your question is unfortunately too vague to tell you how to solve this.
The error you're getting though is occuring because you're somehow
(possibly inadvertently) converting a unicode string (returned from the
recordset) into a "regular" (ascii) string.

You probably shouldn't be doing the conversion at all since the data
(hebrew) is not encodable in ascii. Since it is unclear how you're doing
what it is your doing though it is hard to tell you how to get the
combobox and not end up doing this ascii conversion. Perhaps you could
post some code as well so we can see what's happening?