[python-win32] Triggering a browser window from a python service

Ausum Studio ausum_studio at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:05:38 EDT 2003

I'm trying to create local alerts for my W2K server running Zope, and those
will take the form of browser's pop-ups. I've tested:

def trigger_window(url):
    import webbrowser
    webbrowser.open(url)

and it works fine from a standalone Zope (via an ExternalMethod), except
when it runs as a win32 service. In Zope's list I've been suggested to ask
for help here, as this seems to be a limitation of pythonservice.exe or
perhaps a limitation of nt services at all.

Is there a workaround? :)

Thanks in advance,

Ausum