[python-win32] Re: FrameMaker programming via FrameMaker API COM? OLE? What?

Brian Mahoney happy_ca_camper at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 09:50:25 EDT 2003

I was out for a few days.  I had looked at CTYPES as
an alternative and looked again.
I realize now that any FrameMaker API calls only end
up in the DLLs which I create as compiled
C programs acting as clients of FrameMaker. There is
no DLL for FrameMaker wrapping the
API, so it appears there no practical interface for
directly using COM/OLE or using CTYPE.
The existing DLLs betweeen FrameMaker and any program
I write are only DLLs that marshall
activities, they don't have any FrameMaker API that is
open to me or documented.  At least
as far as I can see.

I have some ideas for the FrameMaker API wrapper from
the Adobe AfterEffects API Python
wrapper at http://opensource.adobe.com (not very
active)
They wrapped that API and seem to have some good ideas
for handling arguments, etc.

Thank you for the suggestions.