[python-win32] ado DispatchWithEvents

Janez Jere janez.jere at void.si
Tue Jul 8 11:08:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

I wrote some wrappers around microsoft xml parser and ado.
the code is quite debugged, except one bug I am unable to trace and fix.

I would like to log all events on ado connection, so I need to do
con = DispatchWithEvents("AdoDB.Connection").

which works for con.Execute(), but not for all other objects which are using
con as a property (command, recordset).

The same stuff works in c++ builder and delphi, which I done in previous
life.

If someone is willing to tests his skills:
requirements:
- mssql server, northwind database
- extract in directory x
http://freeweb.siol.net/voidconn/jj/msxml_and_ado.zip
- save connect string in connstr.txt
- run test_ado.py ado # this are tests which must all pass
- run test_ado.py events # this test will fail, (same code as above, just
different dispatch)

BTW. I think that problem is not in my code, but in pythoncom libraries.

Thanks in advance, Janez