[python-win32] RE: Hmm The registry is a pain...

Hutchins, Mike mhutchins@amr-corp.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:10:57 -0700

Err, sorry to be an idiot... I figured it out. Must be the kick ass cold
I have clogging my last 4 functioning brain cells..

EnvironmentError

Argh....

*achoo*

-----Original Message-----
From: Hutchins, Mike=20
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 9:46 AM
To: 'python-win32@python.org'
Subject: Hmm The registry is a pain...

I am creating a script to go out and read a list of machine names from a
text file and then connect to the registry and do some trivial stuff.
Change a few values and stop the computer browser service.

My problem is I can't figure out what to evaluate in my if statement...

I am Mr. Newb, so be kind.=20

Here is the line that connects to the machine that it is working on. My
question is what will get returned if the connection fails.

aReg =3D ConnectRegistry(aWS,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)