[python-win32] Quickcam access in windows 98+

Wes ugly_411 at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 14 11:36:50 EST 2003

Hey guys.

I am wishing to write up a package to control the logitech quickcam and other "webcams" via windows python. This job is for some astronomers. We have used the decent VideoCapture module (Thanks Markus), but with minimal success. Basically I need to directly access individual settings via a command ie resolution, colour, exposure and so on.

SO my question is this. Does anyone have an idea as to how to do this?

I have been interested in the microsoft visual SDK which is supposedly setup for something like this. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks!

Wes