[python-win32] Com

Keith Hickling keith at kmcomputers.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 19:37:50 EST 2003

Hi,

I am struggling to pass variables to a Python com server.

If I call the Python class with say

PyList = ComServer.taxcalc(500, 0, 0, 0, 0, "461L", "W", 1)

 this works fine and ptyhon will send back the answer as a 3 part list which I can read in VB

As soon as I try to pass the same list but built from text boxes as in

PyList = ComServer.taxcalc(Val(txtWage), Val(txtTotalWage), Val(txtP45Wage), Val(txtTotalTax), Val(txtP45Tax), txtTaxCode, txtTaxPeriod, Val(txtWeekNumber))

Python throws an error 'invalid lieral for int()'

I have tried to pass the list as a variant list

PyList = ComServer.taxcalc(MyList)

but I get the same error

If I short circuit the function and return the list I can read all the original values.

something is happening with the ptyhon function probably to do with '461L'. I dont understand why I can pass the variables as in the first example but not the second.

Any ideas.

Martin