[python-win32] Another ADO question

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:29:14 +1000

Yes, this was my intent - to use one of Tim's number classes.  I just wish
there was a clear candidate ;)

Mark.

So, this is the unfortunate state of things. A real source of the
problem is that the VT_DECIMAL type is one which has no equivalent in
Python with the requisite range. Probably the best solution is to create
a new python class that would handle the values and support addition,
subtraction, multiplication, etc. Minimally it should support conversion
to float, int, and long integer types.