[python-win32] Pythonservice.exe running at 100%

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:13:30 +1100

> Every time I try to run a service on Windows NT4, it always runs at 100%
> CPU utilization. Why does pythonservice.exe do this and is there any way
> that I can throttle it back? I have managed to minimize the amount of
> time that the service app I am running takes, so that it is not a
> tremendous strain on the system (just a couple seconds) but I would like
> to manage this better.

Something is almost certainly wrong with your service.  The test services do
not exhibit this.  Check that your loops that are supposed to be waiting for
something actually are :)

Mark.