[python-win32] (10093, 'Successful WSAStartup() not yet performed')

Jens B. Jorgensen jens.jorgensen@tallan.com
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:21:53 -0600

The Windows Sockets library has to be initialized (via a call to
WSAStartup) before other socket calls may be made. This should be
happening automatically though in a python program (I use sockets in
many python scripts and have never explicitly called this). If the error
happens on accept that's pretty weird since that implies that you've
made other sockets calls previous to this and they obviously didn't
error. I wonder if there's some way WSACleanup could've been called
right before this. In what context does this thing get called? Is this
in some regular python program or is it from ActiveScripting or anything
like that? I'm just trying to think of some way WSACleanup might've been
called prematurely.