[python-win32] NT Services and upgrading Python

Jeff Shannon jeff@ccvcorp.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:46:23 -0800

"Thomas Heller" <thomas.heller@ion-tof.com> wrote:

> Services written in Python are run via PythonService.exe,
> whish is included in win32all. They will use the version
> which you registered last ;-). I do not known if the
win32all
> setup program registers this, but you can easily, after
installing
> all the 2.1 stuff, run the 2.0 PythonService.exe again to
register
> it, and your service will continue to use the 2.0 files.

Okay, so then if I don't re-register PythonService or my own
service, then it should run using the 2.1 files?  In that
case, I shouldn't have any problems unless my own code is
not forwards-compatible.  :)

"Jim Vickroy" <Jim.Vickroy@noaa.gov> wrote:

> Speaking anecdotally (rather than from a deep
understanding of the
> Python interface to the win32 api), moving from Python 2.0
to 2.1
> required no changes in my Python-based services.

This is good to hear.  Sounds like my worries were (mostly)
unfounded, and I will proceed with the upgrade.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International