[python-win32] Request for installation testers for new win32all builds.

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:10:18 +1100

Hi all,
  I have made some new win32all builds available for **testing purposes
only**.  This is only going to this list, in an attempt to keep the number
of respondents reasonable :)

To cut a long story short, I currently lack a test machine.  I have built
and tested these new win32all builds on my development machine, but am
unable to actually install and test these builds using a standard Python
distribution.

Note that if there are problems, I reserve the right to re-issue these same
builds.  However, if I get feedback that the builds do work, I will simply
move them to the main downloads page and release the new HTML with
references to these files.  If I do need to re-issue any builds, I will post
that information here.

Please uninstall your existing win32all distribution, then download and
install one of the following.  Check that it seems to work OK for you, then
mail me with the version you tried, and your success/failure.

For Python 2.2 (3,599,369 bytes):
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/downloads/beta/win32all-146.exe

For Python 2.1 (3,596,565 bytes):
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/downloads/beta/win32all-145.exe