[python-win32] New python user - first question

Robb Allen myself@robballen.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:04:43 -0400

I'm new to Python. Been running with it for a whopping 4 days. I come from a
background using VBScript and Java and have found Python to potentially
solve some problems I've encountered.

Just trying to get a basic web page up through IIS and am having a what I am
sure to be a newbie issue, but it's the one thing I can't seem to fix. I
have a page on a web site called "test.py". test.py looks like this

def foo(a):
    return a

Then, the asp page looks like this

<%@ LANGUAGE = Python %>

<%
import test

test.foo('hello')

%>

When I run it, I get "AttributeError: 'test' module has no attribute 'foo'"

Reeeeal simple, but I'm missing something. Anyone care to poke fun at the
newbie?