[python-uk] [Job ad] Open Data Services Co-operative is hiring (Remote, UK-only)

Ben Webb ben.webb at opendataservices.coop
Fri Jun 24 09:06:18 EDT 2022

Hi,

We’re looking to hire a Python Software Developer to join our
interdisciplinary team, working with data publishers and users. To find out
more about this role and working at Open Data Services check out this
twitter thread <https://twitter.com/opendatacoop/status/1539593415977050113>,
or go straight to the full job ad
<https://app.beapplied.com/apply/6cvrnot04p?utm_source=pythonuk>.

At Open Data Services, we aim to make open data useful, usable and in use.
We like to work with projects that combine innovation and engagement to
deliver sustainable social impact with open data. We work with transparency
initiatives such as Open Contracting, 360Giving, Open Ownership and the
International Aid Transparency Initiative to provide tools and technical
assistance to organisations across the world.

You’ll be creating tools in Python (Django, Flask and command-line), that
help people publish and use open data. We build transformers to convert
data between formats, validators and quality tooling to help people
understand their data, and pipelines to make data available in appropriate
places and formats. We support some leading open data standards including
360Giving, BODS and Open Referral, and our tooling helps people collaborate
around those standards.

We believe in supporting the open data ecosystem. All our tools are open
source, and we routinely reuse code across projects & publish our work on
GitHub – so we can spend more time improving and tailoring our systems,
rather than reinventing the wheel.

We are a worker co-operative. After a probationary period, workers have the
right to become members of the co-op, jointly owning and running the
business.

We offer a training budget of £1,000 and 5 paid days per year, and are
committed to supporting staff development, training and conference
attendance. Our benefit package includes a health cash plan, group life
insurance, generous parental leave, a health and wellbeing service that
includes GP consultations and counselling, a cycle-to-work scheme, and an
allowance for eye tests.

We particularly welcome applications from disabled, ethnic minority and
women candidates as these groups are underrepresented in our organisation.

   -

   Salary: £43,120 (full-time equivalent) plus profit share and benefits.
   -

   Location: Remote, UK-only
   -

   Closing: 12:00pm, 18th Jul 2022 BST
   -

   Part-time (0.6 FTE and above) or full-time working.

To apply got to:
https://app.beapplied.com/apply/6cvrnot04p?utm_source=pythonuk

All the best,

Ben
P.S. We're also recruiting for a Data Visualisation Web Developer, which
whilst not specifically a Python role, may also be of interest:
https://app.beapplied.com/apply/lmczyo70ip?utm_source=pythonuk

--
Ben Webb (they/them)
Software engineer and Director at Open Data Services Co-operative.

Open Data Services Co-operative Limited is a company limited by shares,
operated as a Workers' Co-operative.
Registered in England. Company number: 09506232
Registered Address: 1st Floor, Holyoake House, Hanover Street, Manchester,
Greater Manchester, England, M60 0AS.
https://www.opendataservices.coop