[python-uk] Using your Python career to make the world a better place (for real!)

Stephen Hawkes steve at dev.ngo
Tue Jul 17 07:23:58 EDT 2018

And now for something completely different... (puts on best John Cleese
voice)

Do you want to use your Python skills in a creative, fast paced team
working exclusively with some of the world's biggest and most effective
charities, NGOs and not for profit organisations?

Do you want to work in a team where you have an equal share in shaping our
direction and you are supported to grow as a developer and a person?

If 'yes' then DEV might be the perfect place for you. We're The Developer
Society, a total not-for-profit co-op digital agency based in Birmingham's
awesome Digbeth area and with the possibility of a flexible/remote working
arrangement. We work on solving fascinating problems with inspiring people
and we are committed to empowering each other at the same time. Rather than
VC pressure (and the joy of share dilution!), we model real company
ownership, and it's working...

All of our projects are all Python powered and we love to support PyCon UK
& the PSF where we can (hope you liked the PyConUK design!), and efforts to
grow the community in the UK (check out codegrades.com, a recent design
from us)

We believe that great people want to do meaningful and challenging work
that contributes to the lives of others...and at DEV you don't have to
sacrifice a salary to do so. We work exclusively with amazing charities and
NGOs like The Refugee Council, Macmillan, Save The Children, Help Refugees,
Amnesty International, 38 Degrees and lots of others.

If you'd like to know more about life at DEV then read up here
<https://www.dev.ngo/join/> and to see more about our Python roles here
<https://www.dev.ngo/join/django-jobs/>. Come join us and use your skills
to make the world a better place.

Would genuinely love to hear what you think about all of this.
(And if you ever want a custom Python illustration for your meetup, let me
know, I had way too much fun with the PyCon UK ones)

~Steve
--

Stephen Hawkes
Founder and Director

The not-for-profit co-op digital agency, run by and for the sector.

*Studio:* +44 (0) 333 344 7800 <+44%20333%20344%207800>
*Web:* dev.ngo
*Skype: *Add me via stevehawkz
*Address:* Fazeley Studios, 191 Fazeley Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B5
<https://maps.google.com/?q=191+Fazeley+Street,+Digbeth,+Birmingham,+B5&entry=gmail&source=g>
 5SE