[python-uk] Pyweek 24 is next week

Daniel Pope lord.mauve at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:11:19 EDT 2017

Next week will be Pyweek 24! Pyweek is a week-long games programming
contest, which has been running since 2005 [1]. Entrants create a game in
Python in exactly one week, on a theme chosen by vote, and which will be
rated by other entrants on criteria of fun, production, and innovation.

Theme voting has just begun, and the potential themes are:

   - I never saw that coming
   - It's too dangerous
   - Los Angeles has been saved
   - Storm's dying down
   - They're behind everything

This time, for the first time, it will be possible to write games in Godot
Engine [2] and in Unreal Engine 4 [3], which I'm really excited by!

If you have an evening or two (or more) free next week, why not sign up and
create something fun? You can enter as a team or as an individual.

Sign up at https://pyweek.org/.

[1] I have recently written a brief history of Pyweek:
http://mauveweb.co.uk/posts/2017/08/fun-and-games.html
[2] https://github.com/touilleMan/godot-python
[3] https://github.com/20tab/UnrealEnginePython