[python-uk] Fwd: [FooCampers] For STEM folks in the UK

Harry Percival harry.percival at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:16:12 EST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Suw Charman-Anderson <suw.charman at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 19:29
Subject: [FooCampers] For STEM folks in the UK

Hi all,

I'm running an *online careers fair for women in STEM in the UK* early next
year, and would really love to get a few more employers on board. I'd be
grateful if you could forward this email on to, or do intros to, any STEM
companies you think might be interested.

We already have ARM, the European Patent Office, Accenture and Capgemini
committed, alongside The IET who'll be talking to participants about
ongoing professional development.

And we have 20 universities involved, including The Open University,
Oxford, York, Edinburgh, Bath, Aberystwyth and St Andrews amongst others.
You can see the full list here: https://findingada.com/careers/

Whilst the tech behind online careers fairs isn't the least bit new, there
aren't many of them around, so in brief, the advantages for employers are:

- Access to candidates from across the UK and across STEM
- Online event means maximum flexibility for recruiters
- More cost-effective than traditional recruitment fairs
- Allows for quality conversations by video, audio or text with motivated
candidates

The fair will run from 9am to 5pm on Thursday, 1 February 2018, and will be
hosted online at https://findingada.gointro.io/

There’s an overview for employers here:
https://findingada.com/careers/employer-info/

I'm happy to provide a 50% discount to any friends of FOO who are
interested.

Even if your own company isn't hiring, please do have a think about who you
know who might be. We just need a couple more businesses on board before
the end of the year!

Many thanks,

Suw

----