[python-uk] PyCon UK 2017 videos

Nick Murdoch nick at nivan.net
Wed Nov 1 13:43:05 EDT 2017

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 05:52:38PM +0100, David Boddie wrote:
> I see that videos for PyCon UK 2017 are now appearing on the PyCon UK
> YouTube channel:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChA9XP_feY1-1oSy2L7acog
>
> Thanks to all involved for making them available.
>
> For those that were at the conference, are there any talks that you think
> are particularly worth watching?

Hi David,

Here's a quick selection of a few I found particularly memorable, in
chronological order:

 * Rae Knowler's Unsafe at Any Speed keynote
 * Russel Winder's follow-up to last year's "Fast Python? Don't  bother"
   (also on youtube), On Big Computation and Python
 * David MacIver's Shaping the World keynote
 * Daniele Procida's When Free is Too Expensive
 * Cat Lamin's You don't have to be mad to work here... but it helps
 * Martin Chorley's What Python Can Teach us about Beer

I didn't go to it myself, but I've heard that Live coding with Foxdot was very
good. The three panels were also informative.

The summary of all the talks are up on the schedule since four or five hours
of video may be a little more than you were expecting to watch!
http://2017.pyconuk.org/schedule/

Cheers,

Nick