[python-uk] Python/Django contractor for Government Digital Service

a.grandi at gmail.com a.grandi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:14:53 EST 2017

Hi everyone!

GDS (Government Digital Service) is looking for a Python/Django
developer to join my team (Better Use of Data) and help us to build a
tool that will help government find land for various purposes, based
on factors such as location, infrastructure and local amenities. The
role is based in London, and is 100% on-site.

We are looking for a contractor to join us for 3 months (with the
possibility of extension) with the following skills:

- Full stack developer (with a good understanding of front end side in
particular)
- Python
- Django (the full stack of Django) and Django Rest Framework
- HTML, CSS, JavaScript (no particular framework like Angular or React
is required, but at least JQuery/Ajax are required)
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS

The application architecture is composed mainly of API backend written
in Django / Django Rest Framework, some complementary API services and
a Django front end.

Not convinced yet? Do you want to have a look at the current source
code? No problem! Here you can find the current projects:

- https://github.com/alphagov/land-availability-api
- https://github.com/alphagov/land-availability-voa

If you are interested, you can contact me in private at this address
andrea.grandi at digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk (Please, no recruitment
agencies! Thanks!)

--
Andrea Grandi - Software Engineer